Happy Holidays!

Good evening!  I have had a busy fall, with no time to update at all!

I just completed my student teaching in English as a Second Language last week.  Pretty soon, I will hopefully get my teacher certification for my state and a my first full-time job!

With the holidays coming, my mom asked me what I was getting my dad for Christmas.  Well, I didn't get anyone anything.  That had to change.  So I dug around in my stash for some yarn to make a Christmas pudding ornament for my dad.  Then, a TARDIS ornament was added.  Then, I added a weeping angel and Dalek to the mix.  My sister made me add a mince pie to the collection.  So, the British Ornament set was born.  My dad is English, so it works.

I added the mince pie ornament to the blog.  Please enjoy and have a happy holiday (if you celebrate one).

This is a pattern for my Mince Pie Ornament.  It uses US crochet terms.  Enjoy!

 
 


Items needed:

  • 3.25 mm (D) hook [I LOVE my Clover Amour Crochet hooks]
  • pastry-colored yarn [I used Vanna's Choice Solids in Beige]
  • burgundy-ish colored yarn [I used Red Heart with Love in Merlot)
  • stitch marker (use it to mark stitches as you work)
  • fiber fill
  • mince pie tin
  • thin ribbon
  • hot glue gun with glue
Abbreviations
st  stitch
sc  single crochet
sl slip stitch
ch chain
hdc  half double crochet

Pattern (numbers indicate rounds)
  1. Using pastry-colored yarn, make a magic ring and ch 1.  
  2. 6 sc in ring and close ring.
  3. 2 sc in each st.
  4. [*2 sc in first st, 1 sc] repeat from * 6 times
  5. [*2 sc in first st, 2 sc] repeat from * 6 times.  Sl closed.
  6. Using Back loops only, ch 1 [*2 sc in first st, 3 sc] repeat from * 6 times (if this is too big for the bottom of the pie tin, then omit this round.)
  7. Using Back loops only,[*2 sc in first st, 3 sc] repeat from * 6 times
  8. Using Back loops only,[*2 sc in first st, 4 sc] repeat from * 6 times
  9. Using Back loops only,[*2 sc in first st, 5 sc] repeat from * 6 times
  10. sl, ch, and sc in first st. sc in all stitches. sl to close.
  11. *[hdc 5 times in first st.  sl in next 2 st].  Repeat from * until the end.  Fasten off and weave in ends.
  12. Using beige yarn, make a star (TAKEN FROM Maggie's Crochet [not my pattern]):
    1. Round 1:(Right Side) Starting at center, ch 2, 10 hdc in 2nd ch from hook; join with sl st to first hdc.
      (10 hdc)
    2. Round 2:* Ch 4, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, skip next hdc (on Rnd 1), sl st in next hdc; repeat from * around. (5 points) Finish off and weave in ends.
  13. Using burgundy yarn, make a magic ring and ch 1.  
  14. 6 sc in ring and close ring.
  15. 2 sc in each st.
  16. [*2 sc in first st, 1 sc] repeat from * 6 times
  17. [*2 sc in first st, 2 sc] repeat from * 6 times
  18. [*2 sc in first st, 3 sc] repeat from * 6 times
  19. [*2 sc in first st, 4 sc] repeat from * 6 times
  20. [*2 sc in first st, 5 sc] repeat from * 6 times
  21. sl, ch, and sc in first st. sc in all stitches. sl to close.
  22. Sew star to top of burgundy circle/
  23. Partially sew purple to top of pie bottom.  Stuff with fiber-fill.  Sew the rest closed.
  24. Tie a ribbon through the hole in one of the 5 hdc stitches.  Hot glue the pie tin to the bottom of the pie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pegboard!

Wilton Course 1: Concise Class 2 of 2