MYSTERY AFGHAN!

Well, it's been awhile.  I've finally finished school and am currently looking for a full-time position.  My birthday is in a few days but I'm not in the birthday spirit, which has occurred for the past few years...  For some reason, birthdays make me really depressed.

Anyway, I went to Michael's yesterday and bought some Lion's Pride Woolspun in orchid.  It's pretty!  I'm planning on making a hat with a pom pom.  I really like pom poms!

I've started other projects since the last time I posted as well.  I started a graphghan that features my dad's favorite soccer club logo--Nottingham Forest F.C.  I got quite a few skeins of Loops and Threads Charisma for the blanket from Michael's for only $1.99 per skein during their huge yarn sale last month.  I took a break from this project, however, because its tedious.  It was intended for a birthday present but will have to do for Father's Day or Christmas.

Is it weird that I buy most of my yarn from Michael's when I work at a Jo-Ann Fabrics superstore with an incredible selection of yarn?

My sister got an iPhone 5C for the holidays so, she wanted to deck the phone out.  It's green and she purchased a clear and yellow cover at Five Below.  It's a Swadloon-themed phone!  I bought crochet thread to make a tiny Swadloon charm to hang from the phone.  I was using a pattern I found online but its god-awful in crochet thread!  I'm going to have to make a pattern myself...

My mom wants a granny square pillow for her bed, so I have that going on.  Lot's of WIPs.

My sister has a lot of birthday gifts ordered through her etsy store, so I'm planning on making homemade birthday cards as well.

My newest news: I just learned about the mystery crochet-along afghan.  So, I'm planning on participating.  Sounds like fun!  I have a Caron Pound of Love in black.  Now, I need to look through my stash for contrasting colors.

Comments

  1. You sound a lot like me...so many craft projects....too little time. I swear I having crafting ADD. I am also doing the Mystery CAL afghan, despite the fact that I am working on two other afghans at the moment. Did you pick your other colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got Caron Simply Soft in teal, turquoise, and purple to go with the black. I bought them on sale at Jo-Ann for $2.79 with an additional 30% employee discount (it was a special discount for this past Friday and Saturday)...so I spent $1.95 each. I haven't started crocheting it yet. I did wind a turquoise skein with my yarn winder and it looks really pretty.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday hope it's a great one. i am enjoying to cal as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'd like to take a look at everyone's colors one the afghans are done!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Pegboard!

Wilton Course 1: Concise Class 2 of 2