Pegboard!

WOOT!

About a week and a half ago, I went to Lowe's with my mom and sister to get materials for a pegboard after picking Jamie up from college for birthday weekend #2 (Everyone in my immediate family's birthdays are within 19 days of each other).  I got a 2' x 4' pegboard (brown because they didn't have any white ones), some 1" x 2" x 6' pieces of wood, a pegboard container, wood screws, and drywall anchors and screws.

While at work this past Sunday, my dad put up my pegboard!  YAY!  Once I saw the pegboard, I put my little container on it and put some supplies in it.  I bought some pegs today on Amazon (a 50-pack) and started winding up yarn with my Lacis yarn winder I bought this past summer but never used.

I'm surprised at much less space each skein now takes up compared to its factory-made form.  It's really nice and prettier to look at.  I imagine it will be easier to work with as well.  I can't wait!  I don't think all of my yarn will fit on the pegboard, so I will put some in a basket I suppose or buy an additional pegboard.  I will probably opt for a basket though because I kind of don't want a second pegboard.  There really isn't any room for it.  Once I move out of my mom and dad's house, I plan on getting a craft room/office.  There will definitely be an 8' x 4' pegboard in there for yarn storage.

I will take a picture of my yarn pegboard once some skeins are up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Holidays!

Wilton Course 1: Concise Class 2 of 2